Team Ninja announced today a whole new wealth of content for their latest version of Dead or Alive. This new title update includes a brand new stage and a host of gameplay tweaks, as well as the next round of DLC. We have details and screenshots below, plus we may also be running a contest for the DLC this week, so stay tuned.
- This fresh new stage is set on a lush tropical island with clear blue sea and white sandy beaches—the perfect place to escape winter doldrums!
- Battles take place on a large beach and can carry into the waves of the neighboring sea
- The sea water is a “slip zone” where characters are more vulnerable to lower body attacks, which can stagger opponents
- Now players can enjoy seaside battles with new moves such as Bayman’s Death Punisher
- Tropical items such as coconuts can fall from trees when shaken or hit during battles, so watch out for falling objects!
GENERAL UPDATES IN 1.03
- Combat balance adjustments and new fighting moves
- Online gameplay adjustments and improvements
- Updated content and movie upload functions
- General updates based on player feedback
- In-depth details of the 1.03 update are available for viewing at: http://teamninja-studio.com/teamninja/doa5/us/patch.html
NEW ISLAND-THEMED SWIMSUIT DLC PACKS
- Hotties Swimwear Pack 1 features new swimsuits for Kasumi, Kokoro, Helena, and Sarah
- Pack 2 features swimwear for Hitomi, Leifang, Mila, and Pai
- Pack 3 features swimming outfits for Ayane, Christie, Tina, and Lisa
Available for download today on the PlayStation®Store and via the Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for Xbox 360 on January 29th, each pack will cost $4.99 / 400 Microsoft Points, while all three packs may be purchased in a money-saving bundle for $12.99 / 1040 Microsoft Points.