With a splash video of the classic Konami Code, the house that Castlevania built kicked off the first major event of E3 2011. Rather than holding an event during the week of E3, Konami chose to put together a series of behind-the-scenes interviews giving us a glimpse of what is coming over the next year. Highlights of the presentation included:
- The announcement that Hideo Kojima will be a guest lecturer at the University of Southern California later this year
- 2011 marks the 30th anniversary of Frogger, with a new entry hitting the 3DS later this year
- 2011 also marks the 25th anniversary of Castelvania. Lords of Shadow will see even more DLC.
- The Silent Hill Franchise is getting a number of new entries including an HD collection of Silent Hill 2 and 3, Silent HIll: Downpour for XBox 360 and Playstation 3 and Silent Hill: Book of Memories for Sony’s NGP handheld – We’ve got more details here.
- NeverDead, a 3rd person shooter, will feature an immortal protagonist on a quest for revenge against the Demon King – Check out more info on NeverDead here.
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 will feature enhancements that will make it the most realistic soccer experience on consoles
- Lots of news out of Kojima Studios including new information about Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3DS, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (featuring Metal Gear Solid 2, 3, and Peace Walker) for XBox 360 and Playstation 3 – due November 2011, Zone of the Enders HD Collection for XBox 360 and Playstation 3 – due in 2012, a brief demonstration of the Fox Engine, and details on Kojima-san’s Transfarring system which allows seamless gameplay between home consoles and portables. We’ve got a complete recap of the Kojima Productions announcement here.
- A tease for a new Contra title, featuring the classic flaming “C” logo.
This is just the beginning of our E3 coverage. Check back over the next week for more and be sure to tune into the 200th episode of the N4G Radio podcast next Monday for our predictions and hopes for E3 2011.